Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Audient iD44 (MKII) vs EVO 16

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David Spingler.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave Hoskins
    Participant

Hello everyone,

As our founder says, hope you are all doing marvelously well! I’m a newby here and I’m putting together a home demo studio from scratch. I’ve been a Monitoring Warren’s equipment demos and reviews for about a year now and I’ve been waiting for the iD44 to be updated to MKII Thinking that is for sure what I would buy for my new system. Now, though the new EVO 16 looks very attractive too. Either one fits in my budget and I’m hoping some of you experienced PLAP folks might help with my decision.

I’m a singer/songwriter/guitarist and my use case for now will be recording guitar and vocals by myself or with a collaborator. For now I don’t foresee using more than 4 mic pres per session. I also want to keep my focus on the music rather than having to learn a lot of technical engineering aspects of the interface

I’d love to buy an interface that offers the best sound/ease of use balance for my situation and I know several of you doing the same thing.

So there you have it. I am ever so appreciative for insights and input offered by the group and thank you very much and advance.

Regards,

Dave Hoskins

David Spingler
      Participant

Honestly, either one will serve your purposes admirably and allow you to expand capabilities later if you need more inputs/outputs. I’d go for the iD44 myself, because I generally prefer the features and control layout, and the build quality seems slightly more robust. The auto-gain thing on the EVO is really cool, and the unit seems to overall sound great, too. The price is amazing for what you get in both cases as well, imo. So, you can’t go wrong with either unit, frankly, and you’re likely to be pleased with the results of either one. It may be as simple as “which one is more visually appealing to me?” and that’s as valid a tiebreaker as any between these two for the average amateur to mid-level home recording and/or audio engineer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.