Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording Apogee Symphony I/O | MKII -----BAMM FROM NAMM-----

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by chris massa.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scott

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/symphony-io

Overview
      Symphony I/O Mk II is the most advanced and flexible multi-channel audio interface available. Featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), and intuitive touchscreen display, Symphony I/O Mk II offers direct connectivity to one of three different platforms - Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD or Waves SoundGrid network.

Input and Output Flexibility
      There is a Symphony I/O Mk II solution for everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base I/O configurations, 2×6, 8×8, 16×16, or 8×8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O Mk II offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
      Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface
      Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps

Highlights
      Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
      Choice of Thunderbolt, Pro Tools® HD (Mac/PC) or Waves SoundGrid® connectivity
      Ultra-low latency performance
      Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
      Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.

Legendary Sound Quality
      Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest in electrical components and designing optimized circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturer. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O Mk II is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee products before it with even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. In fact, when equipped with either the new 8×8 or 16×16 Mk II I/O modules, Symphony I/O Mk II outperforms all other multi-channel audio interfaces available for Pro Tools HD or Thunderbolt based systems, making it the flagship audio interface for the entire professional audio industry and the obvious choice for countless GRAMMY winning artists, producers, songwriters and engineers.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by scott.
      timmymac
      Participant

How is this different from the Symphony? Have they improved the converters or is this just a connectivity upgrade?

chris massa
        Participant

The chassis is new and improved and the "new" I/O cards are new and improved BUT the current convertor cards work in the new chassis. Not sure if I would update my Symphony chassis just yet, to later get into the new convertors.
          My silver face symphony is awesome sounding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.