Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Logic Anybody running Logic with sound libraries on external disk?

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by David Emmins.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    face (chris) Janton
    Participant

I am trying to corral all my audio libraries. I have Studio One and IK Multimedia libraries moved, 350GB back! Maybe time to move Logic as well.

I *always* copy sounds into my projects for portability, so having the library external shouldn't be an issue. I hope.

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

I've got 3 SSDs installed.
        1 TB for MacOS + Logic + Libraries
        500 GB for my projects
        500 GB for other sound libraries like Kontakt, LABS …

face (chris) Janton
        Participant

I have a 1TB SSD on the way. Will be installing macOS, and all the music tools.

Wes Chilton
          Participant

I have all of my sound libraries and Logic's instruments AND Plugins on a 2TB Samsung T5 SSD (USB C). It works great, but you do have to sort of hack the Logic Application Support folder on your OS drive to point to your external drive with a shortcut.

I use a second 2TB Samsung T7 drive (much faster!) for all of my Logic and Luna projects, which is also nice.

David Emmins
            Participant

Yep - I have the Logic Sound Library on a USB Thumb Drive so it just lives in a slot on my MacBook and doesn't eat space on the internal SSD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.