Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Ableton Any Love for Live ?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by thedove.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thedove
    Participant

Hi All

just wondering if anyone else uses Ableton Live ?

It seems to have a rep as a the EDM producers DAW of choice and indeed it is great for composing with loops etc on the fly (and as a performance tool I believe) but it is also phenomenal for "ordinary" recording and is loaded with cool instruments, plugins and packs (sample and sound libraries)

I have started to dabble with Logic Pro but am still a very newbie in terms of learning the practicalities.

Pro Tools never even got a chance after trying for about 10 years and gallons of tears (mmm could be a lyric there..) to get an ILok to work with Essentials !

I'm guessing that there will eventually be DAW subgroup stickies somewhere eventually.

Cheers

C

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Arthur Labus.
      Warren Huart
      Keymaster

Yes I;m thinking we will definitely have discussions within discussion about the different DAWs! I know a lot different users of DAWs, but luckily the principals are the same! I now a lot of the younger guys I work with love Ableton! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Warren Huart
        Keymaster

Yes I'm thinking we will definitely have discussions within discussion about the different DAWs! I know a lot different users of DAWs, but luckily the principals are the same! I now a lot of the younger guys I work with love Ableton! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

thedove
          Participant

I'm going to take that " younger guys" comment and treasure it.

Cheers Warren !

Craig (aged 46 1/2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.