Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) Another Remix Comp at Indaba - Miss Elevator

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anders Isberg
    Participant

I've been over at Indaba for a couple of days doing a few of the remix competitions. This is a really good song with lots of room to make your own contribution with only six original stems.

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/janxx-miss-elevator-remix-contest/details

I had a go at it:

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/janxx-miss-elevator-remix-contest/submissions/8b41ebc6-0345-11e6-85ff-0e6cafa4d0bd

thedove
      Participant

Oops - missed the deadline !

Haven't had a chance to listen to your mix yet but wanted to drop you a line anyway. I was watching the Q & A with Warren and was surprised to hear your question. I was definitely convinced you were a pro already ! Yours are definitely the firsts mixes I listen too when they come up as I know they will be good and something to to aim for. You seem like someone who has real talent and ability so thought I'd just offer my 2 cents worth of support.

Keep up the good work !!

Cheers
        C

Anders Isberg
        Participant

Thank you very much for the support Craig! Really appreciate it! I've been making music in one form or another since the mid '80s, and have been doing it as a semi-professional during a couple of periods, but I've never gone full pro. I've been giving a lot of thought as to why, since music is the passion of my life, besides the family, and came to the conclusion that for some obscure reason I hold myself back. This community is exactly what I need to build my confidence as well as my production chops, and my goal is to be able to be doing this for a living. Thanks again!

Andrew Mckenzie
          Participant

You have the skills to pay the bills mate, no doubt. 🙂

Anders Isberg
            Participant

Thank you very much Andrew!

Cris Sabater Sabater
              Participant

Hi Anders, I didn't hear the original but your re-mix is very good mate! Well done and keep up the good work. At the moment I am working with my band and we are getting songs together for an album. I am producer, mix engineer and mastering engineer for my band so I am very busy at the moment! Lots of fun though. Check some of our stuff out at
                https://soundcloud.com/fightingthismonster

We are a New Wave/Post Punk Electronic band with a modern twist. Cheers mate. 🙂

Anders Isberg
                Participant

Hey Cris, thanks! Listening to FTM right now. Sounds really good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.