Academy Dashboard Forum Production Recording Techniques Advise on good headphones for a drummer

• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by - -.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Maurice Beekman
    Participant

Hi all,

Does anyone of you a good advise for a drummer headphone during recordings? I can imagine it should have extra isolation from the drumkit. For the other musicians i use Sennheiser HD 25-CII headphones.
      Any tips are appreciated!

Maurice

Patrik Wahlund
      Participant

A drummer I know use a brand called Extreme Isolation. I have little experience myself but he really likes them.

/Pat

Robert McClellan
        Participant

Patrik Wahlund
          A drummer I know use a brand called Extreme Isolation. I have little experience myself but he really likes them.

Yes, I have heard the same. The drummer in our church loves these!

Maurice Beekman
          Participant

Thanks. I'm gonna check them out and let you know!

Warren Huart
            Keymaster

Those my favourite tracking headphones Maurice! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Warren Huart.
              Jeff Macdonald

As another option, Beyerdynamic DT 770 M's are excellent in my experience. I have not tried the Extreme Isolation headphones so I cannot offer any comparison.

Maurice Beekman
                Participant

Thanks guys.

Warren Huart
                  Keymaster

Hi Maurice, let us know what you choose and what you think of them! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Gavin -
                    Participant

+1 on the Beyerdynamic DT 770 M

🙂

Pedro Pitta Groz
                      Participant

+1 on the Beyerdynamic DT 770 M.
                        I have HD25 and they've good isolation and they're great to play drums too. And I use Shure SE215 and it's what I prefer of this three. No click bleed with either of this.
                        Cheers,
                        Pedro Pitta Groz

David Allen Hammond

On advice of members here, last week I got a pair of Direct Sound Ex29s I tried them at the studio playing drums and
                          they were stellar. I've used them a little to check mixes and find them pretty flat, no hyped bass or high end. Pretty good for a lower end set.

- -
                          Participant

I'd say anything that have good isolation would be a good choice for drummers.

But I have to share that I recenlty got the Westone UM Pro 20 in-ear Monitors
                            and I can say that my life changed. It's so good to track with them because
                            they isolate the drum sound and they have a superb sound quality so it always feel
                            like I'm playing to a final mix.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.