Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) 1st competition from meldaproductions.com

• This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Magnus Johansson
    Participant
      Tobi
      Keymaster

Interesting.... thanks for posting. ...never used Melda plugins - will be an interesting challenge.

Chris Sweet
        Participant

downloading now. gonna take a crack at it. I suppose if you know what you want out of a plugin you can make it work! we'll see how they stack up to my usuals.

Chris Sweet
          Participant

Wow those plugins are not intuitive lol. I don't know if I have I have time to learn them

Magnus Johansson
            Participant

Haha, I have only used autoalign, analyzer and compare. Was thinking of downloading the free package for this competition and more or less only use the eq and comp from that bundle. As the last step replace whatever reverb I use with a trial version of their reverb.
              Not that impressed with the look of the plugins I've used, functionality have been good though... with the three ones I've used.

Tobi
              Keymaster

Downloading the tracks.... the PSU on my studio PC failed on Sunday morning, so I'm working off my old set-up. ....actually kinda makes sense with this mix, seeing that we can only use Melda plugins.

Tobi
                Keymaster

And the winner of the award for most convoluted EQ interface goes to...... 😉

Tobi
                  Keymaster

Here's my first crack at it.

Used the Melda's Freeware pack.

The beginning and end felt like 'The French Connection' meets 'Taxi Driver', the middle, 'Dirty Harry'.

Rough around the edge still, but it's the general idea.....

https://soundcloud.com/toby-davis-925439564/bitosti-no-9-solar-mixed-by-toby-v1-meldaproductions-contest

Tobi
                    Keymaster

How's everyone doing with this mix?

Tobi
                      Keymaster

2nd go at this... not getting well with the plugins, gotta be honest.

Tightened up some of the stops. Tamed the overheads. Added an automated pan to the drums. Wanted to create the effect of the world spinning out of control around the sax, while the sax stays centred and calm. Added a little automation to bring out the dynamics.

Not pleased in anyway with it, ...but have to move on.

https://soundcloud.com/toby-davis-925439564/bitosti-no-9-solar-mixed-by-toby-v2-meldaproductions-contest

Tobi
                        Keymaster

Submitted it. Can't work with this plugins anymore.... I miss my fabfilters 😉 And I want to get on my Final Hour Mix for PMA.

Tobi
                          Keymaster

Voting has started. Vote for a chance to win a 50 euro voucher.

Didn't see any other PLAPA members that I recognised....

...but there is a jumped-up film editor, thinking he can mix, goes by the name of 'Toby Davis', ...might want to give him a vote 😉

https://www.meldaproduction.com/contest/

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tobi.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.