Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Announcements Live Q&A 10.3.18 - Talking Music Business Please Post your questions for next week's Live Academy Q&A Reply To: Please Post your questions for next week's Live Academy Q&A

Aaron Bradshaw
Participant

I hope I am able to view this but if unfortunately I am unable, what would you suggest for someone just starting out? I have been producing EDM for a few years but I've finally found my calling in mixing. I did put a little plan together to get myself to a decent standard then proceed to scouting for bands/artists that are unheard of, maybe offering them my services for a few songs or their first album at a very cheap price, or even for free. Then if they like what I've done we could form a bit more of a relationship and I would charge for their next album.

Would this be a good idea? or will I be wasting a lot of time I could be spending bettering my skills?

Is there companies/labels that I could eventually send a portfolio over to, and hope that I would work for them? or should I be focussing more on freelancing?

Thanks,

Aaron