Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions New Lifetime subscriber here - looking for senior members advice Reply To: New Lifetime subscriber here - looking for senior members advice

Matt Graham
Participant

Magnus, thank you for your interest!! I did forget to mention that I designed my recording rig to be mobile so that I could set up at my clients homes to record.

I was asking in a round about way where I could compare my straight off the mic pre capture against something of the same from a more pro set up. I feel like my captures are too close sounding, boxy even. OR too much bleed. For purposes of discussion, lets simply use two overheads and snare mic only.

My overheads sound decent, the snare is centered in between the two but can be too quiet vs the cymbals and even though in phase, the over all picture can sound swishy and washed. Low end is good. I am not happy with the detail yet BUT my last outing I experimented with recorder man technique. I'll space pair next time and revisit. Then there is my snare, definitely too close sounding and boxy. Sounds like a live snare at a club.

I'll put a brief example of something up soon.