Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions New Lifetime subscriber here - looking for senior members advice Reply To: New Lifetime subscriber here - looking for senior members advice

Magnus Johansson
Participant

I´m sure your captures are alright. Gear seem more than adequate. How is your room(s). If you have some control over room reflections and bleed you are probably ready to go.

If you upload some pics and sounds you will likely get some tips from other users here. What crosses my mind thinking of sources to check.. the recording videos here at plapa, multitracks from here, cambridge-mt and telefunken. Yesterday I found a free multitrack from Lewitt microphones. Warren likes those alot. I like the Mixing Secrets book from Mike Senior, he also has a recording secrets book. Probably as good as the mixing one. I also like the zen books from Mixerman. Recording, Producing, Mixing.
    The telefunken multitracks is often multimiced, great fun for hearing differencies in mics.

Ambitious... don´t know much about macs but if it has a hard time keeping up with your sessions it might be time to upgrade.