Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk New Interface, ADAT, AES/EBU, Drum Recording Reply To: New Interface, ADAT, AES/EBU, Drum Recording

Guido tum Suden
Keymaster

Hi Jeff, thanks a lot, that really helped making final decisions.

The drum set is one of the latest Tama Superstar sets. It's 6 pieces (Toms 10, 12, 14, 16) with snare (the very latest set do not have the snares included anymore) and hardware.
    This week the dealer got the complete set of Paiste 2002 with a few precision hi-hats for me for testing. So in the next 14 days I will have to decide on cymbals. The crash will probably be 17" and 20". Maybe 19" but the one on the Paiste website had a ring to it I didn't like, so I'll have to see if they all have that same ring.

Unfortunately my room is only 13' x 10' x 6.5' but the only other recordings I will make most of the time are vocals. Do you think with vocals it might also work if I put felt covers on the cymbals and toms? The room is well treated with bass traps, diffusers and absorbers.

I will have to see if I can translate your cable "numbers" to something more metric. 🙂

As for the Lewitt mics. We're still working on Warren's deal here in Europe, but first steps are made. If it works out I will get the DTP-BEAT-KIT-PRO-7 for < 1000 $ instead of 2000 $. Okay, this is an ad, but still interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExlhWHx1p5g

Could you point me to a website or something about the Oktava upgrade because I already own a matched pair of those.

Cheers,
    Guido