Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk What do you think? Is now the time to get wupped?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jared Sherman.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Magnus Johansson
    Participant

Waves currently have this offer on wup (waves update plan). I'm thinking, version 10 must be close to release. Could it be that maybe it's better being wupped than sorry when they release 10. What do you think? I have never payed any wup fees before.

Sidenote, today Waves released H-series bundle with their H-plugins. I have all four of them and still they want $117 to upgrade my plugins to the bundle. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Jared Sherman
      Participant

The WUP deal is pretty nice. I would jump on it if I had a lot of Waves plugins. Also, do NOT upgrade to the H bundle! Even if it was FREE you should not do it! Look at the Waves license transfer policy, right now you would not have to pay any license transfer fee for selling all or any of those H plugins, but make it a bundle and you would have to pay Waves $150 for the pleasure of selling them!

Jared Sherman
        Participant

Never mind on the H Bundle $150 transfer fee. I thought I saw the MSRP was $849, but since it is actually $599 a license transfer would be free. ($800 is the cutoff between free transfer and $150 transfer on Waves products)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.