• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Pedro Pitta Groz.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    eX Cess
    Participant
      Magnus Johansson
      Participant

Needless to say.. not the winning mix. Here's my contribution.

https://soundcloud.com/wdb/apologize-unofficial-mix-by-mange

eX Cess
        Participant

Great mix Magnus!
          Like most of what I heard, there's something in the 100'ish Hz on the bass part that would need a bit of control for my taste, but overall it's a great job 🙂

eX Cess
          Participant

Well, I'm going to shameless say that... I didn't understand the results of this contest, the 3rd prize was the best of the 3 picks for me, and probably every mix I heard from Plapaer's was better, in all honesty!

Magnus Johansson
            Participant

Agree, but isn't it always the wrong mix winning in these competitions. I also liked the third place best of the winners.

Warren Huart
              Keymaster

Hi Magnus, I judged one of those competitions once, for that now defunct site..rate your mix I think? There were 4 judges who gave me their top 5 picks and I choose from one of those, all of the judges favoured the same two mixes which were very boring! I choose one that sounded young and exciting and fit the energy of the band! The other mixes were bland and maybe had some technical things correct, but no listener would have taken notice. There is always too much focus on safe unexciting technical mixes which would will never make the Radio! Radio loves songs that jump out at you!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Warren Huart.
                Arthur Labus

This is very refreshing point of view Warren !
                  Thank you very much for sharing your experience and thoughts.
                  It may be demoralised for us when we participate and see what did the podium ...

The same is about "remix" competitions.
                  Seems everybody expect just state of the art temporary hip hop whatever and the winners are absolutely equal sounding to any "radio hit".

By the way - is there a winner of "Blame It On The Whiskey" @warren ?

Magnus Johansson
                  Participant

Totally agree Warren. Not my strongest ability though but always trying to add something new/xtra to the table.

@excess, really liked your little touch in your mix. Beat every throw delay of 2017.

Pedro Pitta Groz
                    Participant

Just came back to the academy after some unwanted time off. So I had not the chance to discuss my and your mixes before submission. Here is my take, it would still be lovely to have some feedback. Cheers
                      Pedro

https://soundcloud.com/user-487069577/apologize-mix-by-pitta/s-MKK5y

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Pedro Pitta Groz.
                      • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Pedro Pitta Groz.
                      eX Cess
                      Participant

Very interesting point, Warren 🙂

@Magnus : thanx very much!

Pedro Pitta Groz
                        Participant

Just to note that the link is up on my previous post. Feedback welcome. Cheers
                          Pedro

Tobi
                          Keymaster

Can I post here? ...just testing.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 28 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.