Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Logic Thoughts on the new, flat UI?

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Scott Chandler.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony Beninate Beninate
    Participant

I'd like to hear you guy's thoughts on the new flat UI in the latest LPX update.

I'll leave mine below:

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

As always you have to get used to new things.
        Most icons seem clearer to me (except the loop icon 😉

Tony Beninate Beninate
        Participant

Glad you like it better. Personally, I thought it looked a little bit childish, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Terry Doyle
          Participant

HI,

I work in IT and it looks like some of the developer tools you might have. Very sleek .. but perhaps the gray it a bit boring.

Tooltips and pop up for sends now show the group name which is great. Just installed it a few minutes ago ... seems very snappy and responsive.

It sounds the same 😀

Tony Beninate Beninate
            Participant

It does definitely sound the same 😉

Terry Doyle
              Participant

Now that I have been using it for a few weeks it has grown on me even more. I had one hiccup with my two Apollo 8's cascaded where the outputs weren't working on the second Apollo unless I edited the I/O config .. but it was solved by installing 10.3.1

It is definitely faster to open and save projects, also much faster to generate the waveform previews when you import the audio for a new project.

Very happy.

Scott Chandler
                Participant

I am a software developer during the day and granted I didn't use Logic until after the upgrade came out but I can say I like the look MUCH better than Pro Tools. Pro Tools looks old and outdated. My only complaint is that when working in the mixer I with the whole channel can have it's own color instead of the little label on the bottom.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.