Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Soundelux U195 mic

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sheldon Woodcock.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sheldon Woodcock
    Participant

Hi Warren
      I was watching the music video for "Warm" and the mic the singer was using looks a lot like a Soundelux U195 FET mic I have. I purchased it at an online auction and when it showed up at my door, it came with what looks like a tube mic preamp box. Don't know what it is and it didn't come with any connector cable. I hooked the mic up like a regular mic and seems to work well. Do you happen to know anything about the Soundelux U195? Can't find much info on the net about it either. Please share if you happen to know.

Thank you!!
      Sheldon

Sheldon Woodcock
      Participant

Here's what it looks like if you can tell.

Andrew Mckenzie
        Participant

Can't see any mention of an additional preamp in the details here but maybe it was thrown in for free? Any markings or part numbers on the pre amp that might help identify it?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/U195/

Cheers

Andrew

Sheldon Woodcock
          Participant

Awesome, thanks for the link. It was helpful. Doesn't say it was a tube mic at all. I've uploaded pics of the front and back of the power supply for you to see but there are no distinguishing markings that I can see. There are no other markings on the box what so ever. If it's not for the mic, not sure what it could be useful for. Just thought I'd share in case you were curious.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.