Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Songwriting and Arranging from Start to Finish

• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Warren Huart.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Warren, my friend,

Good job for putting this up, I really like what you're doing and for your sincere desire to help the rest of us.

I enjoy learning how to mix, all the techniques and tips, and I've become pretty good at it and enjoy downloading the multitracks and mixing.

However, the #1 reason I am into this is to make (create) music, and I still find it very difficult to do. There is not much teaching out there about how to approach writing songs, arranging songs, what is a good way and a bad way to arrange. I appreciate your "How to Arrange" series on YouTube, it is very helpful and inspiring, but I am DYING to get an in-depth training on this very subject. I struggle in my own song production and would love some guidance.

Thanks,

Rosti

Rich Zei
      Participant

SECONDED!!!!

Steve A
        Participant

Hey Rosti! ..where you been? Good to see you again, you have a great suggestion there!
          Hopefully see you on the boards more often..
          Cheers
          -Steve

auntiebeeb
          Participant

I like this idea too. I'm not a songwriter or much of a musician but i know a good mix and a good tune when I hear it. I'd love to know why I like one song more than another, why it works etc. I think this would help in making production decisions on mixes, muting parts or re-arranging sections. Again because I don't think of myself as a producer, I'm an engineer and love the gear and the tech side plus I've always worked with musicians or producers that told me which direction they wanted a song to go in and I just facilitated that.

Hemke Kay
            Participant

+1 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks guys for chiming in 🙂

Simon Adams
                Participant

I would absolutely love this and was going to ask for this too. Arranging is my primary area of needed growth, but also how to choose sounds/the next part to record etc... Perhaps giving some direction on what kind of arrangements to best start with producing would be a good idea too. And maybe some process if there's any such thing (or guidelines) us one-guy/girl producers can bear in mind. Speeding up recording/arranging workflow would be great too. This is a huge niche that has not yet been filled online I reckon.. Huge thanks to you Warren for all the great content!

Terry Doyle
                  Participant

+1

Some ideas on what arrangements fit with different genres would be great.

I'm a pop and rock listener mostly .. I'd love to know more about arrangements for R&B, Country, Hard rock, etc so it would help me produce that type of songs.

Rosti

Hey @3rdstone, I'm back! 🙂

Looking forward to participating here and advancing my skills.

-Rosti

Warren Huart
                      Keymaster

Hi Rosti, hi everyone else! I can see 100% that this is a HUGE part of what we do and what we want to know about! I intend to do a lot more on this! Thanks for this great thread and taking the time to talk about it in detail!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.