Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Studio One routing question

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rich Westphal.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kellyman

hello all. I loaded a stock performance in studio one with eight tracks. Now they're here and I want to route my external audio interface left (or right) channel in. Kinda stuck. I'm using windows 10, zoom r8 interface via usb. On the top menu, I hit 'studio one', 'options', external devices', then 'Add'. My device was not on the drop down list. Is there a faster way to route my input of my external audio interface to track number 1 (or 2. 3, etc.)?
      Thanks.
      kw

Magnus Johansson
      Participant

To select audio interface go "Studio One/Options/Audio Setup". By going to the "external devices" you can add other stuff like controllers, keyboards and whatever. If you can't see the interface in the dropdown menu then you probably have a driver issue. 64bit win10 need driver 2.01 (just had a peek over at the zoom site)

Rich Westphal
        Participant

Hi kellyman,,,
          Your using as an interface correct ? Studio One will not see an interface as a Keyboard.

You want to choose it as Studio One's Interface, it can only use one at a time... Only one interface is a system thing..
          Studio One in the menu up top. on the Start page
          Click Options, then Click on the Audio Set Up Icon
          You should see your interface selected. If not click that drop down menu, and Choose your Zoom R8. It should show if install was correct.
          If it does not show in that menu, then we would need to check you Windows system and make sure it is marked as "Ready" for Input and Output.
          Output selected only if you have Studio(external) Monitors. Otherwise your output will be your internal soundcard.

Interface Selection for Studio One

TO make sure you receive a reply to a Topic.. Check the box at the bottom before you hit the submit button.
          Just below the TAGS box, where it says "Notify me of follow-up replies via email", click that box to the left. 😀
          This way you will get an email notify of a reply...
          I replied with a helpful group on facebook, which you can join.
          But I think you missed it. It was on your other post. I'll post it below..

It's really best group for new users of Studio One. As well as Transitioning DAW users.
          We help with all things Studio One related, including interfaces and OS help to get Studio One up and running for you.
          There's more than just that as well,,, Any question from install, Getting around in Studio One, Recording, Mixing to Master.
          Post any time, day or night, and you will get help from members like yourself, that are familiar with Studio One.
          I help Admin the group as well,,, great group of people and more help than you thought existed,,, no such thing as a stupid question there…

Here's the group
          HST Studio One Support Group
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/Homestudiotrainer

For midi control:
          You would need midi control to use the Zoom R8 as controller for Transport functions. I'm not sure if the ZoomR8 has midi.
          But once we get it running as your interface and you up and Running with Studio One, we can look into the use as a midi controller.

Hope this helps, and join that group.
          There are so many users from beginner to advanced there. Ready to help and share with other Studio One users..

I've check marked this Topic below, so I cna get notification of a reply...
          Talk to you soon !

Rich

kellyman

You guys are awesome, thank you so much! Hope to spend some time this weekend messing with it all. I truly appreciate the help. I'm quite the newbie. But if there is a 'most improved' award for this year, I am gonna win it!

Rich Westphal
            Participant

That's the way to be kellyman !!! It does take time,,,
              Getting help is something we did not have in the past...
              It was like a secret oath that was only shared from a soul. Ok maybe a drink or two were involved, lol,,

I can't tell you how much I've learned, while I helping others.
              I do not claim to know everything, and that facebook group would be a great free resource for you to get into Studio One.
              We also have many people that used Cubase and Protools. Really helps others just getting into Studio One that know the other DAW's and help relate the "how to" for them...
              rarely a question posted goes unanswered for more than a few minutes...

Hope to see you in the facebook group as well as here,,, I know you'll feel right at home there as well...

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.