Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions PRODUCER/ENGINEER MIXING TEAMS WITH ADMISSION AND A PLAP TROPHY

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Hordorwich
    Participant

PRODUCER/ENGINEER TEAMS: THERE WILL BE A FEE FOR JOINING. I would like to add and change a few things to the above older post i made about mix teams. This obviously would have to be seperate from Feedback Friday and have to be an admission fee to join as this would take you time and also when people pay thay take things more seriously too and would eliminate anyone just joining and then not participating which would then not work for that other person on the team. Warren also has other priorities and have a huge electric bill and his knowledge and experience is worth the price of admission. So basically we set a date for launch and what's cool about the teams is one guy may be great at live drum micing and rock and gets paired up with an edm guy and then bingo the learning process starts immediately. I think we could do it 2 ways where idea 1 which is my favorite 1. One guy on the team acts as the producer and the other is the engineer. All teams mix the same song to level the playing field plus i think is better for learning how each genre specific person treats a certain genre mix, rock guy mixing and edm song etc. but the cool thing is let's say I get paired up with brian and i do all genres but my specialty is rock,pop,metal,hard rock, ya get my drift and then lets say the song is an edm song and we all know brian is awesome with programming, he would then be the producer on it and i would be the engineer and i would mix it and send him the files which then he cold either just tell me what to do as the Producer or tweak stuff at his location. We learn at the same time we prepare for our future in the business and warren gets paid for his extra time and we get his knowledge and expertise. Think about how much we can learn with this and the fun involved. So we would submit all our finals to warren and then he woild pick the winner. We could set it up with a prize for the winner which i think would be cool. I'm thinking a produce like a pro trophy like a grammy. I have a place not far that makes trophys and i could see how much one would cost and would come out of the admissions. I'd say $100 a team is a good figure, so $50 a person to join and would make it worth doing for warren. We all know if warren could do it for free he would but cmon the main reason were all here is to get warrens advice and knowledge and his time is limited but also the community is a big bonus as ive already met so many awesome people and great mixers. Plus this academy is already a great deal for only $17 you get so much stuff and believe me everyone i've tried a few when i changed from analog to in the box and also my engineer friends and people from my forums have tons of horror stories about most of the paid sites out there. You all made a wise decision joining here. Let's show off your talent while teaming up with an academy member while learning and then getting warrens feedback and win the Produce like a Pro Grammy award!!! Sincerely, mike @Warren Huart @tobybeaglebutler @A-labus @jeff macdonald @ljemusic @csweet08 @mcmoore @barcelona67 @Brianforpresident

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
      Michael Hordorwich
      Participant

Not giving up on this one! Hey @A-labus we can make it happen buddy!

Tim Morris
        Participant

Micheal, I admire your enthusiasm ,however for me, and no doubt some others too, my studio is a part time venture, and I simply dont have the time to get more involved as much as I would like to.

Good luck with it anyway!

Arthur Labus

I am with Spark, so sorry, but it is all matter of time.
            We tried something similar year ago with our memebers collaboration - it was planned as tight timed produce and mixing time. However it didn't worked so good as mentioned. So meanwhile, if we should collaborate, there is no deadlines 😉
            All that jazz here is more than a hobby for me but still a hobby. After first Grammy i may change my mind LOL

Good luck with it anyway!

Michael Hordorwich
            Participant

It's all good! Had a few interested, just a thought! Remember though hobby's can turn into more than just hobbies and sometimes when you least expect it too. Never say never. Thanks for your thoughts though and i'm just trying to get more involved and do something were we could meet and work with others and have fun while doing it. It may not be for everyone but hopefully something like this comes along. Take it easy and good luck.The acadamy is great the way it is so either way im fine, just passionate and motivated is all. 🙂 Keep rocking! Michael

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.