Academy Dashboard Forum 2021 - Productions 2021 - Jan please give feedback. still in shock.

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Jon Isaac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Isaac
    Participant

Hi. Old guy that can finally afford computers and plugins. Terrible singer (let's be real, barely a vocalist) songwriter, musician, and even worse mixer and producer.
    First time recording and mixing with modern tools. I have been working on mixing and producing skills for about 8 months. Thanks pandemic! Put a lot of time and money into it but accept my skill level.
    I improved but not to where I want to be and thought it time to share this unfinished project early, esp with the world chaos and all.
    I was going to resist seeking the (crushing) advice of experts, but here we go. Breathe deep.
    Please do tell me how to improve.
    Thanks in advance. I may be slow in thanking you as my ego rebalances.
    <p style="text-align: center;">https://youtu.be/XwYAXzMmBBA</p&gt;

Paul Arntz
    Participant

Great work...  More drums would move it along better for me.  Thanks for sharing!

Jon Isaac
    Participant

Thanks Paul.

I presume you mean drums louder in the mix, and not more drum solos? Haha. I went against my gut and brought the drums down.

Cheers, Jon

Lukasz Frankowski
    Participant

Jon, love the track. Great vibe. Takes me back. I would not be so harsh on yourself. If that's your vocals you're doing fine. Trust me. Coming from someone in your shoes.

Jon Isaac
    Participant

Thanks Lukasz,

You are too kind. Encouraging! Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Produce Like A Pro

Copyright 2019 | Produce Like A Pro