Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAP Production Song 1 - Join in!

• This topic has 72 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Nathan Kaye.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Cris Sabater Sabater
    Participant

Hi Anders, yes I thought it would be good to do something completely different. It is basically a full finished arrangement but with scope to take it in different directions. Practicing arrangements and re-arranging this song with anyone tracking their own parts while muting tracks they want to take the place of. This could really be great practice for any producers out there! We could also put this song forward for a re-mix contest too which might be interesting? What do you think of that idea? Food for thought.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
      Participant

All good stuff Cris! I took a break from sorting out the tracks for the prod 1 song and recorded a couple of ideas and a crappy solo for The Storyteller. I did a quick and very rough mix.

https://soundcloud.com/the-timelike-curves/the-storyteller-anders-ideas

Anders Isberg
        Participant

Ok, here it is. Sorry that it took so long but I've had problems uploading and then sharing. I had to break it up into two folders to make it work.

http://ovh.to/g9SCUB1
          http://ovh.to/YstvsZ3

If you want the room mic files for the drum you'll find them here:

http://ovh.to/GQb4wDJ

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
          Parrish

Thanks Anders for putting this all together!

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

Hi Anders, thanks I will download and hopefully have a rough mix up by Monday or Tuesday next week. We can then offer it up for mixing to anyone.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Arthur Labus

Hi Anders,

i am glad to see my drums there, but ... there are close mics files only.
                It will works also with close mics only, but strictly speaking they belongs together for mixing.
                Booth drums tracks are the same, just comming once with close mics and twice with room mics perspective.

All clear ?

Arthur

Anders Isberg
                Participant

Sorry Arthur, I put up a link to the room mic drums too.

Arthur Labus

No problem Anders !
                    It's self-evident for me, but all new for anyone else. I'll describe the tracks even better next time !

Arthur

Anders Isberg
                    Participant

I had already uploaded the room mic files, so it was no problem, as you said. Though, normally on a session you don't have room mics for every individual piece of the drum kit.

Cris Sabater Sabater
                      Participant

Hi Anders, I have attached the mix of PLAP Production 1. This can be used as a reference for anyone wanting to A/B their mix to. Let the mixing begin!! Everyone is invited and have one week from tomorrow to get their mixes in.

https://soundcloud.com/crescent-moon-studio/plap-production-1

Cheers mate,

Cris

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Cris Sabater Sabater.
                        Anders Isberg
                        Participant

Thank you so much Cris and everyone involved in this first PLAP production song, "Is the Wind to Blame". It's really cool that we can pull this off, and I look forward to more collaborations.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
                          Cris Sabater Sabater
                          Participant

Hi Anders, you are most welcome my friend! Thanks to you too for such great input and Production! “Is the Wind to Blame” is a truly beautiful song created and inspired by the very talented Producers and engineers here on Produce Like A Pro!
                            Don't forget that PLAP Production 2 "The Storyteller" is in progress and is looking like a good Production already! Looking forward to your input on that one guys. 🙂

The MIXING WEEK for this production has just started and I am sure we can get some very good and inventive mixes coming back!

Thanks to all the artists who participated on the Production, you are awesome!! And I am sure Warren and Connor will be having a look at the talent here too. 🙂

Cheers guys,

Cris

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 73 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.