Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAP Production Song 1 - Join in!

• This topic has 72 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Nathan Kaye.
Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Arthur Labus

Comm on C ! We are "producers" 🙂 If you want first class vocals, you have to go to SLAP - Sing Like a Pro ....

However - i can also create 4:30 drum solo, no problem 😉

Cris Sabater Sabater
      Participant

Hi thedove, your vocals were good mate! I think this is going to be good for a first production attempt! It has worked better than I thought so I for one am happy!

Cheers C,

Cris

Cris Sabater Sabater
        Participant

Just a quick reminder at midnight GMT London time this production will be finished and no further entries allowed. Anders will then pick which tracks he wants in the final arrangement. I think for simplicity Anders if you upload the tracks you want here consolidated then we can all import when it comes time for mixing!

Just a little helper;

London Midnight - Los Angeles 4pm

London Midnight - New York 7pm

Brasilia - 9pm

Canbera - 9am

Cheers guys,

Cris

Arthur Labus

OK Cris, i am ready for upload, but ... with or without sync tone?

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

How have you tracked the drums? If everything lines up with the other tracks in your studio with sync tone then great. But if you have tracked without sync tone and everything lines up correctly then upload without please.

Cheers Arthur,

Cris

Arthur Labus

I have add sync tone manually to all tracks so i think it will be better to prepare them without sync tone.
                I'll write some specs, so everyone with correctly BPM set in the DAW should easy handle all of drum files.

Let's the upload begin ! 🙂

Cris Sabater Sabater
                Participant

Many thanks, Arthur! Looking forward to the tracks as I would imagine Anders is also.

Cheers,

Cris

Arthur Labus

Here we go:

Drums, close mics, mixed
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mfujrdn5d9fexu/Production1-DRUMS_PS-BPM128-close_mics_mix_Arthur_Labus.wav?dl=0
                    Drums, room mics, mixed
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjg3d7x1ojhmea7/Production1-DRUMS_PS-BPM128-room_mics_mix-Arthur_Labus.wav?dl=0

Drums, close mics, single tracks
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/id9copuj4ka5m7j/Production1-DRUMS-PS-closeMic.ZIP?dl=0
                    Drums, room mics, single tracks
                    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mpwcoqli15z9tg/Production1-DRUMS-PS-roomMic.ZIP?dl=0

All tracks are stereo, 48kHz/24bit
                    Stereo: panned in common drums perspective.
                    BPM 128. Tracks starts exactly at the same point as rough mix from Anders.
                    There is no sync tone anywhere.
                    Drums starts "really" at pattern 16 (0:28.125) with fill and going from pattern 17 (0:30.000) with rhythm.
                    It should be no problem to cut and move patterns, if cutting with beat.

I've choose one drumkit, i've believe is the best for that song.

Any questions ?

Have fun ladies and germans 🙂

Arthur

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Arthur Labus.
                    Cris Sabater Sabater
                    Participant

Many thanks Arthur! Only an hour and a half and then it is over to Anders to decide which tracks he wants in the final arrangement.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
                      Participant

Hey Guys and Gals! Thanks for all the work you've put into this first PLAPA prod. I've been working a lot this past week and haven't had as much time for this as I would have liked. I will however go through the tracks and do my part deciding and put together a multitrack session of the consolidated tracks for mixing. I'll upload a link here as soon as I'm finished.

Cris Sabater Sabater
                        Participant

Hi Anders, no worries mate we all have work to do and have to fit this in around that. Looking forward to the tracks you pick and then I will proceed to do a rough mix. After we can offer it up to others to do mixing and see what they come up with. On a side note I have uploaded PLAP Production 2. Officially it does not start until next Sunday but I thought I would keep the ball rolling. It is a song that I produced a few years back and we could not find a vocalist for it. I have had it here since then and thought it would be a good candidate.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
                          Participant

That's great Cris! Good idea to do something completely different for the next production.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 73 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.