Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Panning Sends

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Marc Van Der Meer.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marc Van Der Meer
    Participant

Hi there good people,

I must admit I have never thought about panning sends. For some reason I have always thought of it as being a fake room to glue everything together. And that is done in the same room and therefore not panned. Also, I'm not that experienced 😉

I feel like I'm missing a part in my thinking. You're not panning your return right? So... what am I missing by not panning? Cause if I pan the effect to the left, there is a problem if I send other tracks to it. But then I would be just as well off using the effect with a wet/dry on every inserts maybe.

Or is it good practise to pan your effects on the other side of the spectrum?

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

A good example would be what Warren does very often with guitars. If he has one guitar on the left and another on the right, he puts the reverb on the opposite sides to make the stereo effect sound wider.
        Also when your return is in stereo and it has an effect inserted, depending on the effect the effect will be at the same place in the spectrum, where the original is. If you don't want that, you can change it by panning the send.

Marc Van Der Meer
        Participant

Thanks so much! Ofcourse, it will be at the same place in the spectrum. My brain totally missed that part :/
          Now the panning makes total sense too now. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.