Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Monitor Management (and a joke)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Loren Knight.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Loren Knight
    Participant

I suggested this before joining and thought I'd long it here. A video on studio monitor management. Such as the use of a monitor station, monitor switching. Etc.

Currently I have two sets. One comes from my main R/L outputs from my interface and the others from outputs 3/4 and I switch by selection in my DAW. This has some disadvantages.

THE JOKE: What sound does a perfectly produced and freshly burned CD make when it hits a studio desk...
      PLAP!

Mark Warner
      Participant

Hi L Scott,
        Nice idea though maybe Warren's SSL handles that for him and an SSL would be an expensive solution for most of us. I did some research and decided that the Presonus Monitor Station was the best option for me in the price range and also the most versatile . This was pre version 2 which I believe also now includes an SP/DIF in. I can give you some general info on what features influenced my decision if you need it?
        Cheers Mark

Loren Knight
        Participant

Thanks. I had been looking into it a while ago and decided that now wasn't the time as I only have the two sets and my studio is down anyway. But the monitor station was one I was eying. Probably will wait until I have a third set (some sort of mid-rangy box lo-fi's).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.