Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Mix/Remix a house track: Emilsson - Sunday Dubs

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Frequency Painter.
Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Frequency Painter
    Participant

Hi,

I adjusted some levels. I'm at the I-don't-know-it-anymore-point where I start doubting everything 😉 I'm sure you know that feeling :-). Anyway, these are the changes:

BD: -2.5 dB and a bit less attack
      Claps: -1.5 dB
      Hats: -.5 dB
      Juno bass + rumble: -.5 dB
      All other instruments: +2.2 dB

If you have time, please let me know if this is better, or if I still could improve it.

Cheers,
      Louis

Version 1.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk85i07yz3jelbs/emilsson-sundaydubs-1.3.wav?dl=0

Magnus Emilsson
      Participant

I definitely know that feeling. But it sounds way more balanced now, still has a slamming BD but now it feels more cohesive as a whole! I like it, a proper dance mix.

Frequency Painter
        Participant

I feel it still needs some tweaking, there's still something that doesn't sit right with the bass (on small speakers mainly). But for the moment I'll leave at this, let it rest a bit so to speak. 🙂

Thanks for everything. This genre should be more available here at PLAP.

Louis

Frequency Painter
          Participant

This is a lightly tweaked version. Juno Bass is just little bit less "wooly", did some small corrections in the low end and added some more groove. This version is 1.1 dB less loud (just pulled down the output for ISP safety) than the previous versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shkcqyx7qufufi4/emilsson-sundaydubs-1.4.wav?dl=0

Louis

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.