Academy Dashboard Forum 2021 - Productions 2021 - Apr Me and the City- Wild One's EarlR mix

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by TripWillie 2.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TripWillie 2
    Participant

Hello, this song is from Warren's video on mixing with Waves plugins. I did use some waves products just not exclusively. Great song, full of energy. I used six buses and an FX bus. I employed some layered compression on Drums, used R eq on most buses with the PuigTec P1A cutting space on Acc and Elec GTR's . Vocal was doubled and sent into the Townsend mic emulation LD-800, R eq, Focusrite Red 3 compressor, R vox, into a de esser.  The Mstr bus ended with only the TR5 Classic Clipper to contain transient peaks. I sent the print thru Ozone 8 mastering for balance and tone shaping. Ending with a final EQ cleaning low end rumble with the Aqua OCHRE.  All comments and guidance welcomed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sra6h2nf0ib0ttx/Me%20%26%20The%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20City%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Wild%20One%27s%20%20%20%20%20EarlR%20mix.wav?dl=0

Spyros Tsilofytis
    Participant

Great mix Earl! Nice song also, haven't heard that one before. Only one minor thing to my ears, sometimes, between 1:05 and 1:30, I felt the left side cymbals a bit distracting, it grabbed my attention over the vocals for some moments.

I liked it very much Earl, good job!

TripWillie 2
    Participant

Hi Spyros thanks for listening ! I attempted to reply to your email but it may not have been sent so I'm sending it again. I'm Old 🙂 Anyway, you were right about those left side cymbals, sticking out and spiking. The song can be downloaded from this video link, as a PLAP member it should open. The download tracks link is there. Great song to mix ! Cheers and thanks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pczacy6eOw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Produce Like A Pro

Copyright 2019 | Produce Like A Pro