Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Mastering for Digital

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by face (chris) Janton.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Parker
    Participant

I'm betting that this topic has been covered somewhere on this site. So if someone knows of a thread or video that I can review, please advise. But I'm curious how much attention everyone pays to applying some compensation for digital streaming or uploading compression. I just watched a video showing Ozone's codec emulator. Which has got me thinking that I need to understand this topic better.

Thoughts, techniques, best practices, experiences?

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,

Have a look here https://www.masteringthemix.com/blogs/learn
        and go through the blog's pages. I think you'll find some of your questions answered in some of them.

Guido

face (chris) Janton
        Participant

I am using the Ozone 8 'Maximizer' in my audio output stream "full-time". I use "Audio Hijack" to take the audio and pass it through my room correction software. The normal path is

Audio -> O8 Maximizer -> ARC -> output device

I use the Maximizer to dither the output - my primary interface is 16-bit/48 KHz - threshold and ceiling are at 0. I honestly can't tell the difference between 24 bit/48 KHz and the 16 bit version dither or not.

In all of my mixes I have O8 last on the mixbus (I don't dither here) and I do preview codecs when mixing music for YouTube videos.

I can spare the 50% of 1 cpu thread that is consumed by my audio output.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.