Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Announcements Live Q&A 5/18/16

• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ivan Cinotti.
Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jesper
    Participant

Hi Warren!

There is a lot of information about music recording on different places on the net such Youtube, Facebook and Instagram for instance. What are your "go too´s" on a daly basis for getting relevant up to date information quick? (Besides PLAP that is a goldmine! ;-))
      And what are the things that you do every day to get better and better? You been talking about your scales exercises and pitch exercises etc. Like Prince did a song per day maybe we should do a mix per day..;-)

Love to hear your thought´s about what to focus on at a daly basis!

Cheers!

Jeppe

Arthur Labus

Hi Warren,

- How do you manage to break away from a song?
        It becomes obsession after some time. Is there a trick?
        Perhaps a particularly good recording as a distraction? Or particularly bad? I hope for the first!

- If I know that my mix is for niche market. Does it make sense to make it radio friendly for all rules of the art? Are then not rather the usual Earphones the reference?

- Do you use grotboxes while mixing? I do not really recognize any in the videos.

Thanks
        Arthur

Ivan Cinotti

Hi Warren,
          thank you for the time you've set aside for Live Q & A . I think it's very useful . My question is: what you're doing with two HH microphones in the mix? In doing so primarily I think on the panorama and phase, but and eq, if you think that it necessary to say.
          Tnx
          Ivan

Tobi
          Keymaster

What do you do when you can no longer 'hear the mix'?

What do you do to clear your head and get a fresh perspective?

Jim Gahagan
            Participant

I like the fly on the wall concept. especially tracking.. like how do you keep them motivated to do a track over and over on a troubling section. what conversations do you have with them. when to chime in your vision or suggestions. or just let them continue on their own so it gels with their vision. etc

Jim

Tapio
              Participant

Have you ever had people in your life telling you that music is not a real job? Obviously no one can deny that music is a job for you these days, but starting out did people doubt your career choice and if so, how did you get thru that? Also any tips on how to make the transition from hobbyist to professional would be appreciated.

All the best
                - Tapio

Ivan Cinotti

Hi Warren,
                  thank you for the time you’ve set aside for Live Q & A . I think it’s very useful . My question is: what you’re doing with two HH microphones in the mix? In doing so primarily I think on the panorama and phase, but and eq, if you think that it necessary to say.
                  Tnx
                  Ivan

Viewing 7 posts - 13 through 19 (of 19 total)
                • The topic ‘Live Q&A 5/18/16’ is closed to new replies.