Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Little Empire 'Night Falls' (Mixed by Toby)

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tobi.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Great song, great band, great recording, the sensible thing would have been to do a simple, straight, technical mix. So instead, I did this...

https://soundcloud.com/toby-davis-925439564/little-empire-night-falls-mixed-by-toby-pma

Arthur Labus

Never heard it before. Sometime, i wish more stereo crazyness, but it comes in choruses so it's ok.
        Well done Toby. Simple good mix.

Andrew Mckenzie
        Participant

Nice Toby, I bet you had fun doing it that way 🙂 I'm still waiting for the production part before doing it myself.

Cheers...Andrew

Tobi
          Keymaster

Thanks Arthur!

Yep, that's one thing I wasn't happy with... needs a little more stereo fun. Feels like there's more to come from the backing vocals.

Tobi
            Keymaster

Thanks Andrew!

Yes, had a lot of fun with this one!

The production part? ...is that the 'Pro Tools' bit? I'm a Cubase user, so I don't really know how that bit works.

Toby.

Andrew Mckenzie
              Participant

Nah I mean the recording side of it .... I use Reason so don't even use plugins lol. 🙂
                I purchased the production part of the course as well and wanted to watch it before mixing.

Cheers...Andrew

thedove
                Participant

Good grief ! My sub nearly demolished the house !

Great work my man !!

Cheers
                  C

Tobi
                  Keymaster

...lol, sorry Craig!

I actually had my monitor speakers set with a -4db cut at 500Hz and below, without realising it! D'oh! ...which explains the excessive low end. Really should re-do it 😉

thedove
                    Participant

Glad we live in a detached house !

C

Tobi
                      Keymaster

Now it's detached... before listening to my mix, it was a semi... 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.