Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Laptop for music production

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jim Gahagan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cris Sabater Sabater
    Participant

Hi guys, I would like to purchase a laptop for music production for ease of travelling to locations. I currently run a custom made tower with win 7 as the OS. I don't want to change to Mac as I know Windows well. Does anyone either use a laptop using windows or can anyone suggest a good one to look at? Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Cris

Jacob Richter
      Participant

Could you say a little more what exactly you want to use it for? Recording or mixing/mastering?
        What DAW do you want to use?

Cris Sabater Sabater
        Participant

Hi Jacob, thanks for getting back to me. I will need the Laptop for both tracking and for mixing while travelling. The D.A.W I use is Studio One 3. I am away from home several times a year and I need to have a means of being able to do these things plus I am wanting to offer my services to others so for tracking purposes this would be vital! Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Jim Gahagan
          Participant

I just did a budget upgrade Via Ebay from an old asus k40 dual core to a Toshiba quad core L855 i7 running win 10 64bit, Sonar Platinum 64 bit., I right away upgraded from 6g ram 5400rpm 640hdd to 16g ram 1tb 7200rpm hdd. I think I paid in all $500 or so. when mixing Warrens tracks 60+ then adding plugins I would get drop outs. or tracking more than 2 tracks at 24bit 48k now no issues. I have always been a windows/Sonar guy. only gripe is the touch pad. its not my favorite lol.

Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.