• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Luiz Serva.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luiz Serva
    Participant

Hello,

this might be a bit basic for some/most here, but some folks (like me) decide to get an analog console and could use a hand on several topics regarding this "new" setup. Coming from the "in the box" world, helpful tips on basics like - setting up your board channels to connect to the daw, routing in general, how to type talk: How do you sum, how do you send the tracks down to the board and back into the DAW for printing, could I possible use the plugins in the DAW on say mix bus B, C or D as if they were outboard gear (some of us have not gotten our master bus compressors etc, setup a quick A/B to sum in the box and out of the box, etc.

Thanks!

Luiz

Warren Huart
      Keymaster

Hi Luiz, that is a marvellous idea for a video! In the meantime please check out this video I made on my Hybrid mixing process:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIshCKxGekI You Rock!

Luiz Serva
        Participant

Hi Warren, I just finished watching both of them! So cool. I'm copying some of those SSL EQ settings to try out! Great to see your use of the dynamics on that nice SSL board of yours. It made me want to grab one of those SSL X-Racks with the dynamics modules installed! Cool, I'll keep following along and learning. Many thanks!!

Luiz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.