Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Reason How to replace sampels?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Andrew Mckenzie.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jesper
    Participant

Hi all Reason users!

Is it a way to replace sampels in Reason like Trigger2 does, or is it not?
      Just curious if anyone here knows..:-)

Cheers!

Jeppe

Andrew Mckenzie
      Participant

Hiya Jeppe, not sure I quite understand the question but if you are referring to adding a midi track to trigger samples from an existing track, then I would use something like Melodyne to create the midi track and then use something like a Kong to layer multiple samples being triggered via the midi track or any Reason device that plays samples really.

Let me know if you mean something different.

Cheers...Andrew

Jesper
        Participant

Hiya Andrew!

That what was I ment, and thank´s for your answer!:-) I think that I have to look into Melodyne... Somehow I thought it was a plugin and not a standalone program...as they say, "you learn something new everyday".

Cheers!

Jeppe

Jesper
          Participant

Hi Andrew!

Today I found how to do it in a old good James Bernard tips for Reason - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFQaL3hGCk&index=8&list=PL80A587134198A5E9

It was simple and work really well. Just make the signalchain for the channelstrip that carries the audiofile you want to trigger a sampel: EQ--> Dynamics/ comp. --> CV out to trigg a sampelplayer (Kong or Redrum)

But I´m craving for Melodyne...;-)))

Cheers!

Jeppe

Andrew Mckenzie
            Participant

Yep you can trigger it via a gate which is the simplest way but not always as flexible as Melodyne for problem tracks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.