Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Help Deciding What to Get for my Home Studio

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Ashcom
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’m primarily a guitarist learning to play drums, building up a catalog of songs for submission to stock music libraries and I have a bit of birthday funds to spend on gear and I need help deciding.

I have a 1-input audio interface I bought used in 2009 and a Pearl Roadshow drum kit I started learning to play a few months back which still only has its stock 16" crash/ride and hi-hat. Should I (1) buy a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 so I can more quickly record drums with more mics or (2) buy a ride cymbal for the kit or (3) get Native Instruments Komplete which has nothing to do with the interface or the drums but can help me expand my catalog and start submitting to stock music libraries perhaps more quickly?

Arthur Labus

Hi Daniel.
        Puuh. That's a question !
        As drummer AD, i would say - buy ride AND one more different crash
        As "producer" i would say - buy better intrface. Scarlett 18i20 ssems a good value for money
        As virtual drummer those days i would say - buy Kontakt and some decent drum libraries.

I personally would buy that interface AND used cymbals.
        I assume you would use Komplete for drums ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.