Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Hammond B3 & Leslie

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Fred Guggenberger.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

A while ago, my dad and I were talking, as most of the time, about music. At a certain moment, I mentioned that I was thinking to buy a Leslie speaker because that’s what I find is lacking in all the organ samples. My crazy old man just called me to schedule Monday because he bought a Hammond B3000 (Not a B3, Sorry for the clickbait title : ) with a Leslie speaker! He said, “It’s yours if you promise to learn to play it before I am gone.” I said to him “Dad, I haven’t played a piano piece for more than 10 years. On top of that, playing a Hammond is not really like playing the piano. Yet, I think I will take the deal… and start practicing.

Hammond B3000 & Leslie speaker

Fred Guggenberger
      Participant

Hi!

Congratulation! I started with playing organ and its such fun! Never had a real Hammond, but one day I had the chance to play on a real B3 (to follow the Clickbait ;-). As I started playing, my first thought was "My Emulator gives me the same sound". Then I pushed the volume pedal ... Oh my lord, haha. This is more than an instrument or a sound. Its like riding a T-Rex that is spiting fire. Wish you all the fun in the world with it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.