• This topic has 25 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Warren Huart.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Tello
    Participant

Hi Cris, can you point a couple of songs to use as reference? This style of music it isn’t very familiar to me. Cheers

Cris Sabater Sabater
      Participant

Hi Adrian,
        To be honest we are quite a unique band our sound is pretty different and we have been told that by quite a few people. Our influences though I can give you as they will be they benchmark really. so the list is as follows:
        1.Depeche Mode
        2.Ultravox
        3.German Techno
        4.Gary Numan
        5.Nine Inch Nails
        6.Anything 80's Synth inspired!

I hope this will give you an idea of what to listen to as reference Adrian. Good luck mate and have fun!! Cheers. πŸ™‚

Arthur Labus

Hi Chris, hi Adrian,

i am always thinking about "Die Krupps" - however i have only that one CD in my collection.
          https://youtu.be/7dU-AAsHRQg

And agree - it is pretty unique πŸ˜‰

Cris Sabater Sabater
          Participant

Hi Arthur,
            Hey that is a great cover by Die Krupps! I never knew that they had made one but it's cool.
            Thanks for the compliment Arthur! πŸ™‚

Arthur Labus

Here's my go.
              New drums by me πŸ˜‰ Everything else made with original tracks and lot of reamping.
              Have fun ! Any kind of feedback ... you know what to do ...
              https://soundcloud.com/geo-catch/fighting-this-monster-the-dark-side-remix-by-arthur-labus/s-ofW14

Michael B
              Participant

Oh man - this is awesome! Thanks so much Cris for letting us (re)mix this. I don't usually listen to any mixes before I start, but Arthur's are always great! No, I'm going to wait.

Michael B
                Participant

Question Cris - if we post a mix to SoundCloud should it be Private or can it be Public? Do you have artwork we can scrape to go with it? Cool.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Michael B.
                  Cris Sabater Sabater
                  Participant

Hi Michael, seeing as this is a remix for one of our songs I think as it is not an official released remix it would be better not to be public and make it private. Just in case my fellow band members start asking questions. Cheers mate. πŸ™‚

Cris Sabater Sabater
                    Participant

Hi Arthur, as always I love what you do mate. You have been inventive plus kept some original elements there. I like the way you have been creative with your choices. A really good start to this re-mix contest if you want to call it that. I look forward to hearing what others can do with this song! Great work Arthur! πŸ™‚

Arthur Labus

UPDATE: set it as "private"

Thanks Cris !
                        I am glad you like it. I just give the kudos back - it was fun as hell to play with all that marvelous stuff.
                        Great tune and all the synths are fantastic !

Now chips and beer while waiting for next submissions πŸ˜€

Michael B
                        Participant

Ok here goes ... I call this the "Gates Of" mix.

Enjoy!!! Michael

p.s. - Arthur, Love the re-amped stuff and the voice effects!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/scatabrain/the-dark-side/s-d38wR

Andrew (AKA Ajay)
                          Participant

Hi guys and girls!

Here's my mix of the song, not usually my genre to mix but hey.....this is fun right!

I mixed it as an instrumental and went after a gritty, dirty kind of feel, please let me know what you all think!

I didn't know where to host it so I just uploaded it to Google Drive, not sure if it was aloud to go up on Soundcloud??

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B6_mSnID1kLWQ3lqdkx4b1NVNTg

Thanks again Cris!

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 26 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.