Academy Dashboard Forum Production Analog Recording Finally made the jump

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Warren Huart.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Allen Hammond

I was working in Austin (Texas) for a few weeks and found a Tuscan ATR 60 - 1" machine in pretty good shape. The price was right, so I jumped. Remote works well. Unfortunately no MRL, so might be shelling out the big bucks for that as well as new wiring in the patch bays. I've been recording in Pro Tools for many years and haven't touched tape in a long time. Really looking forward to tracking on this thing. 🙂

Jeff Macdonald

I realize I am 5 months late replying but that is a great find David!! Have you had a chance to use it yet, or are you still in the throws of renovating and moving?

David Allen Hammond

Hey Jeff, I took it to the studio when I first got it, recorded a bit on each track and all were distorted. I have to buy a better degausser and clean it up and try again. I've been so busy building a house for a client that I haven't had a chance to work with it. I'm hoping to when we get moved into the new house, sometime this spring. Glad you saw the post.

Warren Huart
          Keymaster

I'd love to know how the machine is sounding as well! Do you have any recordings on it we can hear?

David Allen Hammond

I haven't gotten to the maintenance of the machine yet. I'm almost finished building the house for the client then have to remodel our new place and move the studio into it. It's 90 minutes to the studio now, soon it will be a short walk. Ha Ha. Thanks for asking will let you know when I have something.

Warren Huart
              Keymaster

Fantastic! Best of luck to you with the Studio build David! Quick question, is there a cool reason for the --? haha You are one of our star members and I'd live people to know your name! Call me old fashioned!! Haha

David Allen Hammond

I didn't realize I hadn't edited my profile since joining. I guess I'll appear as 'david' now, that is my user name, but will try to get my full name up there.
                  I'm dying to get the studio build going, should take about 4 months, but I'll have a 900 s/f cutting room with 21 foot high arched ceiling. Can't wait to hear what that sounds like. I imagine I'll be hanging a lot of diffusion material. haha thanks, David

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by David Allen Hammond.
                  Warren Huart
                  Keymaster

Thanks David! Yes, you are one of our founding fathers! It's great to know people will get to know you more! Excited for your studio my friend!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.