Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Feedback Friday's for Production

• This topic has 59 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Uh Oh... time to get it done people 😉

Member Nominations (Final Version)

1. Each month PLAPA members can nominate another member's production for feedback.

a) They do this by creating a new topic in the 'soon to be created' Member Production Feedback Thread.

b) They must include the following in the topic title:

i) The title of the Production
      ii) The name/names of the Producer(s)
      iii) The 'experience level*' of the production. There are 3 levels :
      a) Beginner
      b) Intermediate
      c) Advanced

*Experiences levels are intended to help encourage Producers of all backgrounds and skill levels to upload productions. First and foremost PLAPA is a safe place to learn. There are no experts!

The experience levels are intended as guidelines, not hard and fast definitions. Members should use their own common sense when deciding the experience level of a production.

c) They must include the following in the posting:

i) The date of their last nomination.
      ii) A link to the original posting of the production (in the Personal Mixers Thread).
      iii) The names of any additional PLAPA members who worked on the production.
      iii) Reasons for their nomination.

2. Other members can then '2nd' the nomination by replying to the topic, stating their reasons why.

3. At the end of each week the productions with the most nominations get included in Feedback Friday.

4. Once included in Feedback Friday, the topic for that production is closed by a moderator.

----------RULES------------

1. Each member can only nominate one new production per calendar month.

2. Each member can '2nd' / support as many nominations as they like.

3. Members cannot nominate their own production*. Sorry. Deal with it.

4. Members cannot 'vote down' nominations. Support or nothing.

*If a member posts a production for feedback, they cannot nominate it (regardless of whether they were the actual Producer or not). Equally if members worked on a production, they cannot nominate it. But they can support / second a nomination.

For example : If four PLAPA members were involved in a Production, none of them could nominate that production. But all of them could support / second a nomination. This is intended to encourage Member Collaboration.

---------Guidelines---------

1. The number of nominated productions featured in Feedback Friday can vary, depending on time constraints etc.

2. When nominating a production, members might consider the following* :

a) Has the production been developed as much as possible by member feedback?

b) Does the production feature work by more than one PLAPA member?

c) Has the member responsible for the production already received feedback for one of their productions?

d) Most importantly, why do they like the production?

*Members are free to nominate a production, simply because they like it. The guidelines are only suggestions.

3. Productions seeking nomination are simply posted, as they are now, in the personal mixes thread.

------------Moderator----------

A moderator will almost certainly be required to oversee the nominations and help members get used to the new system etc. I'm happy to volunteer for this. And not just because I'm a power crazy maniac, but also because after 7 years of teaching I believe wholeheartedly in what Warren is building here.

------------ELIGIBLE PRODUCTIONS-----------

**DURATION**

Productions must have a totally running time / track length of less than 5 minutes. Not 5 minutes 15 seconds, 5 and a bit minutes or 5 minutes plus a short intro and a reprise 😉 5 minutes - MAX!

I call this 'The Olly Alcock Rule'. 😉 And is a practical necessity, allowing us to accommodate as many Productions as possible.

**TYPE OF PRODUCTION / PRODUCTION BUDGET**

To keep things as simple as possible, for the time being, all Productions are eligible for nomination.

However I am personally unsure as to whether paid, professional productions should be eligible.

I'm inclined to say, that pro productions should be dealt with separately, by Warren setting up a Premium service for feedback. Afterall, his experience as Producer is extremely valuable, if there's a budget for the production, there should be some financial recognition of that value.

However where you draw the line between pro production, and low budget production, to doing it at cost for a favor to the band, etc... I'm not sure and could be problematic.

And, of course, Warren may be too busy and/or have no interest in setting up a Premium Feedback service.

...so for the time being all Productions are eligible for nomination.

-----

I think I've covered all the bases.

It'd be good to have the system up and running for the beginning of the New Year. And have member productions featured for feedback by the beginning of February (perhaps even before that).

I think we should agree to give The Nomination System a good go (it's taken a year to get this far). Members are, of course, free to post comments and suggestions. We will review the system at the beginning of April, to see what adjustments / improvements need to be made. Until April, I think it's important we all try to make this system work.

The time for talk is over. Time to get it done. 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Tobi.
      Jeff Macdonald

This certainly does cover all the aspects. It will be a great way to start 2017.

Thanks for all the hardwork with the brass tacks.

You have my nod for moderator.

Cheers,

Jeff

Michael Hordorwich
        Participant

I think this is a great idea and would like to be a part of it. I have run large guitar groups and forums successfully and got some sponsors as a result of hard work so I do have some ideas if you'd like. Toby it looks like you are pushing this hard and put some time into it and I'd like to help! Let me know what I can do and if you all want some more ideas! Thanks, michael

Tobi
          Keymaster

Hey Michael!

That'd be great!

I was thinking we need to simplify the guidelines or perhaps take some of the detail and put into a separate FAQ section. Make it easier for people to follow.

What do you think?

Toby.

Mark Warner
            Participant

Sounds like a plan to me 🙂

Arthur Labus

Extra point - Trial members should be excluded from nominations.

Thanks Toby for working it out.

Michael Hordorwich
                Participant

Yeah exactly make it less complicated although great work and time you,be put in! I'll send you a couple things I think might make it easier to get it passed and going quickly as this is a great addition to the academy. Totally agree on the trial members not being eligible but this will make them want to join more imo. You've done most of the groundwork Toby great job thanks as even though I'm newer here I plan on being a long time contributing member and want to be more involved! Glad to help and assist you Toby so maybe we could really finalize your work and get this Rockin! Sincerely, Michael hey Toby here's my email hit me up and lets get this passed. Mikeec2008@gmail.com

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
                  Michael Hordorwich
                  Participant

Arthur Great point! Not eligible until they join and imo this will be an added bonus/incentive for people to join!

Michael Hordorwich
                    Participant

One big thing is there's going to be tons of submissions so to be fair really it's going to have to be a draw out of hat or lottery so to speak system as warren's time to do them and fairness play into this. I'm coming up with a few ideas sort of like I did in my guitar competition contest but I need to change some things so we have total transparency. I'll send it to you Toby and we could put our experience together and really come up with something innovative and cool! This most likely will require a fee too to keep warren's time valued and more serious people submitting not just everyone. I look forward to helping out as much as I can! Thanks again, mike

Arthur Labus

This is sadly true Michael.
                        There was a lot of new members - active for few days, got Feedback Friday advice and ... never seen again.
                        I don't mind it as bad thing - it's normal.
                        But i think, if we ever get a chance for that kind of feedback ... it's too preciuos 🙂

Tobi
                        Keymaster

Uh Oh... I simplified it 😉

How do we feature Member Productions in Feedback Fridays in a way that is fair and practical?

Member Nominations!

Pros

1. Builds on the existing system for feedback.
                          2. Encourages member interaction.
                          3. Creates an open, fair and transparent submission process.

-----How Does It Work?--------

1. Members continue to post their productions in the Personal Mixes thread

2. Members can nominate those productions for Feedback Friday by creating a new topic in the Nominate a Production for Feedback Thread.

3. The Topic Title must include THE PRODUCTION TITLE / PRODUCER

4. The Post must include a WAV/MP3 LINK / REASONS FOR NOMINATION

5. Members can then '2nd' / support the nomination by replying to the topic, stating their reasons why.

6. Each week the top 1-2 productions with the most nominations are included in Feedback Friday.

7. Once included in Feedback Friday, the topic for that production is closed by a moderator.

----------RULES------------

1. Members can nominate and support as many nominations as they like.

2. Members cannot nominate their own production.

3. Members cannot 'vote down' nominations. Support or nothing.

4. Productions must be less than 5 minutes long

------------Moderator----------

A moderator/moderators will almost certainly be required to oversee the nominations and help members get used to the new system etc. I'm happy to volunteer for this. And not just because I'm a power crazy maniac, but also because after 7 years of teaching I believe wholeheartedly in what Warren is building here.

Tobi
                          Keymaster

One of the advantages of the nomination system is it's very unlikely that a trial member's production would secure enough nominations to be featured in Feedback Friday.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 60 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.