Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) February Multitrack : Freeware Mixing Challenge

• This topic has 84 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

I used Boomy Drum Room... I think. Maybe. Could be. Feels familiar. USed Protoverb on the drums and OldSkool on everything else.

De-ess on the Nova is v. cool! Liked a lot. Used that a fair bit.

SlickEQ got a lot of use.

Awesome breakdown! Thanks for the detail - very interesting!

Tobi.

Arthur Labus

I hope it is enough 😀
        It is really pretty simple thing and very lucky decisions i've made LOL

Tobi
        Keymaster

How do we all feel about a 'DAW only' Challenge for next month's multitrack.

Pretty straight forward, you can only use the plugins etc that come with your DAW.

Forces all of us, who haven't already, to get to know our stock plugins better.

It'll be a little different as we're all on different DAWs, but still very useful I think.

'One DAW to rule them all?'

Tobi.
          Cubase User and Abuser.

Jason Davenport
          Participant

I'm down with that... Sonar has some awesome plugins!

Arthur Labus

We should define what "stock" plugins are. Reaper has a lot of "intern" options too, not only the few VST.

Tobi
              Keymaster

Arthur, I'm not familiar with Reaper's interface. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Jesper
                Participant

Im in for the only DAW experience next month! Im using Reason 10 https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason/new

Should we make the challenge - Include all that comes with the DAW and what you can add for free via the "DAW´s" site?

....And Reaper has so many free extra stuff its crazy....https://www.reaper.fm

What do you think?

Tobi
                  Keymaster

We'll have to see how that would work across the different DAWs. On the face of it, whatever you get for the 'purchase price' of you DAW, you can use.

Tobi.

Arthur Labus

If you only knew Jesper ...

http://www.sws-extension.org/

The next could challenge could be - only free plugins from Airwindows 🙂
                      No GUI, no presets - just you, the song and the DAW ...

Jesper
                      Participant

I know Arthur! I have Reaper as well. But my brain is not so Reaper friendly yet haha!

I think its a good rule Toby. Just what comes in the package, straight out of the box!

Jason Davenport
                        Participant

Sonar Platinum came standard with Melodyne Essential, and Addictive Drums 2...

Tobi
                          Keymaster
                          Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 85 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.