Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Early 80's Post Punk Guitar Band Production Methods

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jay.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victor Ciampini
    Participant

Hi, being a huge fan of early 80's post punk guitar bands such as Echo and the Bunnymen, early Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, etc. I would love to see an Academy lesson that might illustrate Warren's take on some of the production methods involved, or perhaps even an interview with one/some of the producers/engineers who may have worked on such albums, ie: Ian Broudie, Bill Drummond, David Balfe, who worked on early Echo.

Mark Warner
      Participant

I second that. Being a Julian Cope fan, anything involving David Balfe and Bill Drummond would be excellent 🙂

Kip
        Participant

this would be cool
          how would you mix a song in a joy division/cure/def leopard/my bloody valentine/Britney spears
          i would love to be able to make more creative choices ...most people want these slick explosive mixes
          how do we make more artistic choices?

or is it better to only document realistic performance capture like many jazz classical style engineers

Jay
          Participant

I love this style so I would love to work on a mix like that. Maybe a double mix lesson with a track thats on the other end of the scale. That way if you don't like this then you still got that. Win Win.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.