Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Drum mixing, editing, and adding samples.

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marshall -.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marshall -
    Participant

I'm very new to the mixing process. I've played music all my life but really in the past few years have got interested in mixing and recording. I would like to see how you add drum samples. With and with out a trigger. Mostly without because I don't have one yet. I'm looking at getting the slate digital trigger. I see you blend samples and create beats with melodyne but I want to watch you hand paste these damn things to make sure I'm doing it right. I know this may seem like a minor thing most but my mixing ability is still very minor also. I learn something new everyday from watching your videos. Thanks so much for this great acdemy. Best money I ever spent.

Thanks!
      Marshall

Steve A
      Participant

ello, mate.
        If you have seen these before, then kindly disregard...
        But if you haven't, these are worth a look...
        BTW, I own Slate's Trigger, worth every penny..
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNiJ363EN94
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW4YfvSHaaA
        I know you mentioned a request for more detail, and maybe Warren can oblige soon, until then, these are good and solid.
        Cheers
        -Steve

Marshall -
        Participant

Those are two videos that I've never seen thanks for sharing! My biggest problem is copying and pasting the samples. I get them lined up perfect and then when I zoom in they are not in line. Does that make sense? Again I'm new so it's all the little things I'm learning right now.

Thanks
          -Marshall

Marshall -
          Participant

Should zoom in as far as I can and then paste or what's the best way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.