Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Dealing with a not so good bass tone

• This topic has 31 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anita Potter.
Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Viv Paton
    Participant

So far I've had best results from Warren's DI low/'amp' high split of two tracks (crossover around 150) with a lot of compression on the low track and less on the high, plus a slow rate/high depth chorus on the high track.

Anita Potter
      Participant

Thanks Viv. I can't seem to remember that one (I've watched a ton of the bass one's he's done but that one's not ringing a bell). Could you please post the link for that one?

Arthur: Still working on listening to the bass samples you were kind enough to do for me. After the kids got home from school yesterday all bets were off :p Too much drama for mama LOL

Anita Potter
        Participant

Still love the attack on 1 and definitely the phaser on 17. I did finally manage to download the phaser you linked to (I couldn't find the download link on KVR but found it on a different site). How did you get that attack though? I tried a transient designer on it but couldn't get it to do anything like that.

Thank you 🙂

Arthur Labus

I am at work right now.
            I'll give any infos you need when at home again.
            On track 1 i used digital fishphones Dominion plugin.
            Its very good adsr designer,

Anita Potter
            Participant

Thanks Arthur I'm in no rush. I leave for work in a little over an hour so it's all good 🙂

Arthur Labus

Here we go:
                Chain 1 - i am not sure if there is no that VANDAL amp sim on it. For attack see DOMINION and PUNCH plugins. Punch is not more free plugin.
                http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=4
                Chain 17 - paid plugins only, since Phasis is not free anymore

Hope it helps ! Any questions ? Files ?
                There are always FREE alternatives plugins and we are blessed with Reaper 😉

Viv Paton
                Participant

Here you go Anita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgq0_RPTFS8

What you do with the high part defines the sound and it's general clarity.

Anita Potter
                  Participant

Thank you for showing me your set ups for those Arthur super helpful to see that. I get lost a lot of times with plugins where I don't hear a difference when I try it after I hear someone else use the same thing. I'll definitely dive into that tomorrow evening working on Little Empire tonight 🙂

Thanks Viv for the link. I do remember watching it as one of the earliest videos but was so new to learning that I couldn't understand it fully. It takes a little bit for things to click with me especially on things like this. I'll give that a re-watch here in a few.

Thanks guys totally appreciate all of the advice and help.

Viewing 8 posts - 25 through 32 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.