Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Dealing with a not so good bass tone

• This topic has 31 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anita Potter.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Arthur Labus

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using two different bass tracks.
      I do it pretty often 😀

Anita Potter
      Participant

I may duplicate it and put one of the amps and the saturation plugin on it and just leave one amp on the other one and see what happens.

Anita Potter
        Participant

My daughter brought the Dean and she was holding both my Ibanez Mikro and the full sided Dean comparing the size when I had an epiphany. Yes both basses have the same gauge strings one full size one short scale...the strings are for a full scale so I'm wondering if that has something to do with the tinny-ness of the tone.

I'll do a test with the Dean later this morning and do a comparison. If that's what it is then I'm going to have to get some short scale strings.

*edit*

Welp I done done it this time. Went to tune the Dean and the tuning key stripped on the G 🙁 My daughter is not happy about that...neither am I. Now she's not going to have a bass to play for a little while until it's fixed.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Anita Potter.
          Arthur Labus

You could try to go with flanger or phaser on bass. it works very fine.
            My favourite is free Kjaerhus Classic Chorus - the presets are just great starting or even also finish points 😉
            https://www.kvraudio.com/product/classic_chorus_by_kjaerhus_audio

You could make the bass track availabele for download. I would like to try my secret weapons 😀

Anita Potter
            Participant

Thanks Arthur. As soon as I get my kids off to school I'll make a bass stem. It's not the best tracked bass string slide (technique issue I'm working on), a fret buzz here or there and I think I hit a wrong note somewhere. I'll make sure I turn all of the fx off and upload it to Google Drive or somewhere. It'll be a few hours but I'll post back with a link. Thanks again.

Arthur Labus

You're welcome. Reamping is my third best skill LOL

Anita Potter
                Participant

I turned all of the FX off and disabled the FX just to make sure none of the EQ on that track got rendered. I don't believe they did but here's the link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C4-Wtya7eAZAUXbMRPleIT05m0bXs8l2

I'm all ears and eyes on anything that can be done to improve the sound. It felt like it's missing an attack of some sort even before I messed with high and low passing. Much appreciated.

Arthur Labus

Here we go. Did quick and dirty 19 tracks.
                    I can link the folder here or via Facebook messenger. Your choice.

Anita Potter
                    Participant

Whichever is the easiest for you to do. 19 tracks? Wasn't expecting that 🙂

Arthur Labus

Ok, so here they are.
                        Quick and dirty as mp3. Played with some amp sims and few FX.
                        If you want infos you've got it 😀

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZQcO47Z5tjQKWhzkGSa0F453Tm5fV6e1Ep7

Anita Potter
                        Participant

Ooooooo! Those phaser, tremolo ear candy tracks on my headphones. 16 or 17 I can't decide. Love how it ping pongs back and forth. Love the attack on track 1 as well. Definitely going to listen to all of them again in headphones after I get home from picking kids up.

Thank you soooooo much. *hugs*

Arthur Labus

Cool. There is hope 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 32 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.