Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Academy member videos about their mixes

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Christian Gillmann.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christian Gillmann
    Participant

Hi fellow PLAPers & Warren,

watching and listening to these great mixes in feedback friday, I thought about how it would be great to see in videos what techniques and plug ins other members use on their mixes to get their unique sound. Also we would get to know each other better via video introduction. Than i asked myself, why don´t start that myself? So here is my student/amateur video about ideas and some plugins i used in my "Whiskey" mix. Being German talking "mix-english" was tough. And it got a bit long, but I had great fun. Also this brought me to the idea of maybe starting my own amateur channel about "Mixing fun with Studio One". I know there are already tons of videos out there, but it was soo much FUN! What do you guys think? This video is not listed on youtube, because it is for academy members. Here is the fresh link (it is in 4k but it takes some hours for youtube to present it in 4k):

https://youtu.be/4Vr0VBgMcaE

Any feedback very welcome,

Cheers, Christian

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Christian Gillmann.
      James Gorman
      Participant

Great work Christian. Really good to see your approach to things, and explaining what you wanted from your decisions.

I've been wanting to do a breakdown, but I find myself stuck on talking to a camera. There's a reason I prefer being behind the desk 🙂 But maybe I need to give it another try.

CJ [Spectrum424]
        Participant

Hey Christian,

This is a great idea and nice work on that video man.

I might dust of my screen-recording software and have a go myself.

Christian Gillmann
          Participant

Hey James and Spectrum 424,

thanks for watching and feedback! Yes guys, please do a video. Its great fun. I use OBS studio (Its free).
            Would be lovely to see members in person and their thoughts about mixing.

Cheers, Christian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.