Hi Kris. Wondering if this forum group gets activity!
Did you get an answer to this one?
I have had this. Im assuming you are monitoring yourself?
What I have found is the 'sweet spot' found while self tracking is misleading, because we often are also getting a bit of the instrument itself.
Im no pro, but found that;
- closed backs obv
- has to be pretty loud , then turn down for when think right for the take
- Try to be clean on the input ( not much process colour on the in because we 'know its not going to be perfect )
- avoid low cutting too much - might be tempted in the cans when self monitoring to low cut - but it will sound more low because of the, say, body of a guitar on us
- More mics ( if poss ) for choices of blend after once all phase corrected
Again, just a singer somngtrier here but those helped me!
- This reply was modified 3 years ago by Rob Sedgwick.