Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Show off your studio Submission Instructions & Details Reply To: Submission Instructions & Details

Justin Carty
Participant

Justin Carty

Finacial Supporter and operator of TInshack Recording Aberfoyle Scotland U.K.

There have been 3 incarnations firstly with an Idock and iPad using GarageBand in the spare room which due to my wife's love of sleep didn't work, so upgraded with saffire pro 26 and MacBook pro moved to the Purpose Tinshack Shed in the rear Garden and Tinshack was born. I then purchased my first SM57 after watching another of WH vids on Youtube and various condenser mics and upgraded the interface to the Saffire Liquid 56 offering additional inputs and upgrades. I then purchased an old and unloved TAC Scorpion from a Studio in Edinburgh which I set about refurbishing with about 40hrs plus on the soldering iron to recap and upgrade the desk. All the while collecting various instruments,Outboard and used Mics from Ebay.I was working on the desk in the disused dinning room/ wifes chill out/therapy room at which point I was granted full possession of that room too.
    So decided to try having a Hybrid control room and live room out in the Tinshack (This DID NOT Work) and moved All into the ex dinning room and with 3 move abouts and construction of a purpose built desk remains the final resting place but space is really tight Ok for a One Man band.

Have added loads of Stuff too much to list see pics on my Facebook page (will share a link)

Daw of Choice is Apples Logic Pro X which was a natural step up for GarageBand.

Have a subscription to the Slate Plugins which were great and also love Waves Abbey Rd Stuff (Massive Beatles Fan)

Work on any genre of music as I love it all but not so much Rap or Hip Hop

Gear - Have a fully functional Hybrid Studio with some fantastic analog Outboard which I now prefer to plugins
    Just started to get into 500 series (Chassis Purchased) await more overtime to pay for some modules

Was Gigging Part time up until last year which really helped pay for gear also run a DJ/Kareoke business with my best friend again helping pay for gear and allowing me access to a good PA (I do the sound and he does the lights) and have invested in a decent live rig which I plan to use with the 500 lunchbox stuff.

Future purchases and Plans include a Quantum 4848 interface or similar to give better I/O and allow better use of the analog console which is only partially connected directly to the interface and Octopre allowing me 16 in and 20 out but the Patch bays help with that.
    Also want to get some great 500 stuff and even get some DIY kits to boot.

Love the Help and Community here at the PLAP academy and has really started helping me to better my music and mixes.

Thanks JC