Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing mix challenges proposal Reply To: mix challenges proposal

Kip
Participant

these were all the same mix the first one was a 7 plugin challenge you had to choose only 7 plugins and that was all toby chose https://soundcloud.com/toilettunes/wasting-away-magnificent-7-mix-chris-notes
    then each month he would choose something else and we would work on it like we were in class together....most of these guys are working on real projects now and i got left behind..but the processes really teaches you that its your choices..you can do this with any tools...it helped me to use my ears..why am i doing this.....i struggle so hard with plugins and gear thinking that if only i had this i would be better blah blah....plus this brought me closer to some of these guys....i started to see they had styles and i could start to hear this is a toby mix chris sweet patrick stu...i could hear that they were experimenting and not just trying to beat warren mixes or one another...for me this took the academy to a new place and i miss it