Jason Davenport
Participant

Thanks for listening Lisa! You are the first and only person to comment on my mix of this song, so thank you for that! I think it has 40+ plays, and only one comment 🙂

I agree with your comments, and that is a great analogy to describe this song. I have had the experience of buying an engagement ring, and thankfully almost 16 years later she still wears it 😉 It is a beautiful song. I thought my strings reflected that somewhat, but agree with you on the rest. It doesn't fit as well as I thought it did all those months ago. I have a ton of work to do in the production area, but still enjoy it. I am definitely not a drummer 🙂

My musical tastes run the gamut from Count Basie to Queens of The Stone Age to ELO to AC/DC. I enjoy a Metallica tune or two myself, but mostly the older stuff(Nothing past And Justice For All really) Saw them live at least 4 times through the late eighties and nineties. But my favorite music is the 90's alt/rock, seem to want to turn all my productions that way! I can get into Miles Davis, Coltrane even Classical music. Took two years of classical guitar in college. Bands I played in covered everything from The Toadies to Frank Sinatra. I love to try and blend all these styles sometimes with good results, and sometimes not 🙂

Thanks again for the listen, and comments. I may try and redo this one if I can find time...