Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Reaper Side Chaining the master bus Reply To: Side Chaining the master bus

Patrick Bonier

I don't recall that particular reference, but a lot of times when he has numerous bass tracks he will refer to the bass aux/bus as the bass "master." I think that if I was confused by something Warren said in a particular breakdown, I would probably ask about it under the forum for that song. Warren moves through his breakdowns at a pretty fast pace, and I find myself rewinding a lot to figure out what he said. Also, I get confused by some of the Pro Tools terminology, expecially all of the steps they have to go through to get a bus track; so much simpler in Reaper.

Anyway, I've been a member for a year and a half and I've been to both Masterclasses in LA and I am only now getting ready to post my first mix for review, so I share a lot of the same issues you are going through with figuring out what he means sometimes. For instance, I have heard many people talking about letting a mix "breathe" and I have no idea what that means, so I usually ignore it. Might be a good question for FAQ Friday!