One really fun experience that you wouldn't think you would have with a hackintosh system was with the authorization of Omnisphere 2. I couldn't get it to authorize at all on the Hackintosh, it uses a call and response system where a key is generated from your system and you send it to the Spectrasonics servers which provides a response that you copy and paste back into the software. When I tried to generate the key it would simply be left blank. After hours and hours of troubleshooting and trying to figure out what was going on I figured out that the key generation was broken by the hackintosh, and that it had something to do with the ethernet card. Internet access was working fine mind you, and I don't recall all the details but I ended up having to buy and try several different ethernet cards and also had to manually modify some kext files in order to get the authorization key to start generating so I could use my software. As I kept trying to get this worked out I kept trying to authorize my software, with different keys being generated each time that I attempted a new configuration, and Spectrasonics locked me out of my authorizations. I had to send them an email to explain and they gave me my license back, and I finally got it working. Definitely not worth it though. And that is not my only story. There are really a lot of potential 'gotchas'.