Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cubase: Recording and Mixing Let's talk about CUBASE! Reply To: Let's talk about CUBASE!

Chris Selim
Keymaster

Hey Michael,

Nice to meet you! Belanger seems pretty French Canadian to me 😉
    Happy you dig the content on YT 🙂

To answer your question, I don't have performance problems up to now.
    I have a 5-year-old Hackintosh that I build myself, 32gRAM - 3.6gHz 6Core running on Maverick (I need to update soon)
    Run Cubase 9.5 and work with Stock and Premium plugins when mixing. I work with UAD2 Plugs as well. Since they run on the UAD2 chips which doesn't need much processing off the computer, that helps a bit for sure.

When Mixing I always keep my Buffer Size at the highest (2048 samples), that helps the CPU to perform better.
    When working in Cubase, open the Activity Monitor to check if there's not another software(s) that takes a lot of CPU.
    If you have a lot of virtual instruments in your mix session, try to bounce everything in Audio and get rid of the VST Instruments before you start mixing, they're CPU hungry.

There's also a free app you can download that will clean up your Mac, it's called "Onyx". Check some YT vids on this app before using it. I mainly use it on my MacbookPro (2012) once in a while.

I'm actually getting a new UAD2 Satellite to mix off my MacbookPro. I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep me posted!