Academy Dashboard Forum Production Recording Techniques Does anyone here suffer with annoying guitar resonances? Reply To: Does anyone here suffer with annoying guitar resonances?

JamEZmusic
Participant

Andrew!

I just tried this out, and I think I got it!!!

What I don't understand is how I failed to find those frequencies, after you pointed them out it became painfully obvious, in-fact I found the 3750 resonance by myself then checked your post out to find that we both found the same problem, I'm not sure if I would have found the others though but the 3750 cut did most of the work! Only thing I found was that I think I can get away without the low pass filter, or at least I want to try my best and stay away from it if possible as track is quite sparse and want to keep as bright as possible.

I can't try to finish the mix right now though because have no time but I am sure I can work with this! You nailed it I think, thanks sooo much! I feel like an idiot to be honest because spent a long time trying to sort this out.

What I am unsure of though for now, is after compression and other processing to get it to sit in the mix that the resonance frequency doesn't dominate again. But I will give this a damn good go tomorrow I hope.

I'm sure glad you saw this!

Now next time, trying to figure out a way to eliminate it from the tracking process will be worth looking into!

What I wrote above doesn't emphasize enough how extremely grateful that you have shown me a good workaround.

Cheers!
    James.

EDIT: Those screenshots were very helpful, clear as day. Cheers!
    EDIT2: Massive props to Arthur as well, you guys are legends.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by JamEZmusic.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by JamEZmusic.